Designed by Carl Auböck II, circa 1947-1950.
Founded in 1912, Werkstätte Auböck was founded by Karl Heinrich Auböck, where work continues to this day. His son, Carl Auböck II (1900) was a student of the Bauhaus and Johannes Itten, Walter Gropius, and Lyonel Feininger. Together with his son Carl III (1924) they created everyday objects with a sense of whimsy and with motifs that would be recognizable to everyone. Carl III (1924) studied at MIT in 1957 where the young architect met with Charles Eames, Benjamin Thompson and George Nelson. After Carl II passed in 1957, Carl III began running the workshop with a focus on industrial design. He successfully expanded sales worldwide to clients like Tiffany & Co., Saks Fifth Avenue, Ginza Shiseido in Tokyo, Harrod’s in London and Christofle in Paris. After his death in 1993, the workshop passed to Justine Auböck (1926) and then to her children, Maria and Carl IV, who are still at the helm today. Today, Auböck’s over 4000 classic designs are continuing to be discovered and cherished by collectors everywhere.
Please Note: It takes a great deal of time, effort, and money to maintain the museum collection, host this website, create informative posts, and respond to authentication and identification requests. Thank Alyssa for her expertise and authentication assistance here—tips are greatly appreciated!Buy a Coffee for Alyssa!
Dimensions: 90 mm / 3.5″ long
mm 50 mm / 2″ wide